The 53rd Ann Arbor Film Festival kicks off today through the weekend, and we wanted to take a moment to congratulate our eight FIX filmmakers who are screening work in this prestigious and diverse showcase of diverse avant-garde media!
- Daniel Stuyck: ENVY on 3/25 at 2:30pm (this gorgeous stroboscopic delight will also be available on Fandor starting tomorrow, as well!) in a screening of music videos programmed by fellow FIXer Lori Felker
- Shambhavi Kaul: NIGHT NOON on 3/25 at 7:15pm
- Jill Godmilow: WHAT FAROCKI TAUGHT: JILL GODMILOW on 3/27 at 3:00pm
- Richard Tuohy: BLUE LINE CHICAGO on 3/28 at 1:15pm
- Ben Russell: GREETINGS TO THE ANCESTORS on 3/28 at 5:15pm and ATLANTIS on 3/28 at 9:15pm (Ben also has a FIXshort project that is in the midst of its crowdfunding push!)
- Lewis Klahr: MARS GARDEN on 3/28 at 7:15pm
- William Farley: BECOME AN ARTIST on 3/28 at 9:30pm
- Jennifer Reeves: COLOR NEUTRAL on 3/28 at 9:30pm
Additionally, Fandor’s Co-founder and Director of Content Jonathan Marlow will once again lead the beloved “What the Hell Was That?” panel, which offers a deep dive into three especially challenging works from the festival, on 3/29 at 10:30am.
If you can’t be at the festival this week, you can still watch tons of amazing work by these talented filmmakers, and sample our Spotlight on the Avant-garde, featuring films from past years at Ann Arbor. Let’s get experimental!